Sign in to follow this  
manley

Sun-X Quarter windows? (sportroof)

The PO of my car used doors from a 70 to restore it at some point in the 80's, so I have 70 glass in my 69 and those windows are tinted Sun-X windows. But the quarter windows are non-tinted glass. Can someone confirm the quarter windows could also be Sun-X tinted glass? If so, I am on the hunt for these. Thanks!

Tinted glass says "Sun-X" in the second line of text under the Carlite logo. Non-tinted does not say "Sun-x". It only makes sense that the quarter windows had the option of being tinted, also, but I have never personally paid any attention to this until now. In the past, I have read that all AC equipped cars got the tinted glass(Sun-X). If someone can take a look and confirm tinted quarter windows exist, with the Sun-X text, that would be great! Or not so great since I will have to start hunting for a set... lol.

I'm sure you can do better on forum classifieds. Here is one on ebay without the trim at about half the cost (but I still think you can get better prices from the forums): http://www.ebay.com/itm/1969-1970-Mustang-Fastback-Shelby-Mach-1-Boss-ORIG-RH-SUN-X-QUARTER-WINDOW-GLASS-/151037489291?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item232a89308b&vxp=mtr