Sign in to follow this  
55Mach1

repo qtr glass window or full assembly. can the tempered logo be removed?

I just got my full assembly from NPD since for the money it made more sense to buy this as a complete unit

the quality if beautiful but there is one thing that annoys me that may prevent me from installing this

there is a Tempered DOT logo on the glass and i dislike the way it looks. it is not etched but it seems like it was painted pr printed on the glass. do you guys think this can be removed safely with a paint stripper and razor? i know nothing about glass to know what to even try. but if i can not get this off i am sending these back and just buying the glass hoping that it has no markings.

Def not coming off its baked into the glass before tempering i just found out. Does anyone know if you can buy new glass without this logo? I Mean i wouldnt mind an authentic carlite logo,but this is bright white and in a very visible location that it bothers me.

i purchased the quarter windows from ECS. they put on the logos i wanted so i'm guessing they are getting the glass from somewhere with no graphics. consider giving them a call if something else doesn't come up.

Can you post contact info for ECS. Did you get glass with date codes and carlite logo? I really would like that

Thanks for posting this link. I def want to explore this now. So did every piece of glass come with the Carlite logo? I have only seen this on windshield and back window never on side glass. Anyone confirm?

Also for you guys who bought glass from ECS what was the cost versus the stuff i recieved from NPD?

Guys can someone post a photo,of,your original quarter glass or comcour correct repo with logo so i can see it. I am not sure if the glass that came with my car has any logo onmthe side glass.

Guys can someone post a photo,of,your original quarter glass or comcour correct repo with logo so i can see it. I am not sure if the glass that came with my car has any logo onmthe side glass.

example of the one on mine (took pictures back when i was communicating with ECS).

IMG_2426.jpg

IMG_2427.jpg