Sign in to follow this  
Mr.CNC

Mustang II sway bar?

The sway bar design is different on the m2 suspension. The largest I've seen anywhere for the m2 is a 1". If you find a larger one somewhere, let me know. I had a 1 1/8" bar on the original suspension. I would like to run something like that again to match my rear 7/8" bar.

The length of the bar is actually fairly close to the sn95 bar. The problem is that the m2 bar is much flatter that the sn95. I compared my m2 bar to a 2003 cobra bar and if I were to install the cobra bar, the front would hang too low. I'm in the middle of installing the m2 bar so I might just play with the cobra bar and see how it actually fits.

If I remember from my days of actually owning a Mustang II with a Mustang II suspension, the largest was 1", and the sway bar end links were the weak link. They kinda had a weird threaded cap on top rather than a traditional stud and nut, and with poly bushings, I was snapping the end link caps off. I switched back to rubber and the problem mostly went away. Now days, I would fab a different end link design.