Sign in to follow this  
'70MACH1

N case parts

I have a big bearing Nodular case. I'm looking for the rest of the parts minus the gears. Any help on where to find them would be great. Living in Portland,Or and the big swap meet is coming up the first weekend in april. I haven't had luck there in the past. Thanks

Every piece that goes in there is available new from multiple vendors and can usually be found used on ebay as well. Summit sells a traction loc unit that's stronger than the original at a very reasonable price. The other option was a Detroit locker, they're incredibly strong but I personally don't like them. There are also torque sensing differentials that don't use clutches so they will last almost forever and they work great on the street as well as the track.

Thanks guys. I didn't realize new parts where available. Think I'm going to stick with the traction loc. If it was a 4 speed car id go with the detroit locker.

351C 4 bolt main, custom Arias piston 4500 over, roller rockers, Edelbrock intake and carb, comp cam hyd roller, Hellfire rings, stock 11.5 to 1.

FMX 2300 stall with stage two shift kit.

If it was a 4 speed car id go with the detroit locker.

Why? What difference does it make whether you run a manual or automatic transmission? I would suggest using a Detroit True Trac. It works like a Traction Lock, but has no clutches to wear out. I have a True Trac behind a 550+ hp 393 Windsor with a TKO and it works great.

Edited by maxum96

If I was starting with nothing I would get the True trac also. However, I found a used nodular 3rd member with traction loc under an F150 in a U-pull-it wrecking yard that I got for $20 back in the late 80s. I paid $100 to have it rebuilt in '96 and it's still going strong.