Sign in to follow this  
Mountaineerfan

Exhaust manifold fit question

Hey there!

The manifolds on my 302 2bbl are cracked. A friend located a pair of used ones for $25! They came from a 70's 302 in a truck. Do you think they will fit? They appear to be the same fit, only the driver's side seems to angle further down. Anyone replaced the manifolds with ones from a truck?

Thanks!

I'm pretty sure most small block Ford cars, with the exception of the 289 HiPo and the 351 Windsor used the same manifolds from the 1960s to the 1970's. Shouldn't be hard to find another one. Not sure if the truck ones would fit. I know the exhaust pipe would need to be custom made to match up to the manifold.

Thanks everyone! Well, $480 later and they are installed! The shop spent a long time working on getting the original manifolds off and ended up breaking two of them. They were a little nervous about the angle of the downpipe, but they made it work. Off to pick it up tomorrow! Can't wait to hear it, as it has had an exhaust leak since I took ownership of it!