Sign in to follow this  
Mike65

E-brake assembley question.

th_100_0450_zps092dce13.jpg?t=1363817674

My next winter project was to clean & epaint the e-brake assembley for my Coupe. I took the brake assembley out of the car & was going through the last of my parts boxs & found the release handle which looks like it should have been part of the assembley. The piece I have laying on the workbench between the assembley & the handle with the slot in it which I was able to remove it from the assembley by slightly bending away the retaining tabs & it looks like the handle broke off of it. There is a small piece of the "L" shaped piece still on the handle, & I was wondering if the handle could be welded back to the "L" shaped piece? Any help would be appreciated.

Mike.

It is metal. If you wanted to see a larger pic click on my photobucket link & it is the first pic, just click on the pic for a larger one. I will try to weld it. Thanks.

Yeah that should weld fine. I think it was originally welded anyways. You will need to pry the tabs up in order to stick the end bracket with slotted hole onto the pedal assembly.

Yeah that should weld fine. I think it was originally welded anyways. You will need to pry the tabs up in order to stick the end bracket with slotted hole onto the pedal assembly.

I already pryed the tabs up a little to get that piece off the assembley.