Sign in to follow this  
GriGri

Installing side scoops ?

Hi all,

my 69 Mach 1 for some reason was restored previously with the quarter panels without the side scoops. I discovered in a box the brackets to mount the scoops that apparently were cut out from a donner car.

Does anybody have the specs has to exactly where they should be mounted/welded (measurements or template) ?

Thanks in advance

Might be a tough fix. The front has a "lip" and the entire edge is bent 90 degrees in. It's not just a clean edge/cutout. If you want to do it well, you may need to buy some donor pieces from someone that has replaced their quarters.

Indeed, it seems so. Any idea to install them short of replacing the whole quarter panels ? Should be pretty strait forward since I have donor brakets with original sheet metal around them. Just need to know the eact measurement on where to place them

Oh, I thought you only had the inner part... Let me see what I can do. I have my old quarters still. My car is at my buddy's house in another town and I don't know when I'll be over there again.

Edited by manley