Sign in to follow this  
GriGri

Heat and AC on my 69 mach1

Guys,

I am redoing the entire wiring on the car and pulled the whole dash and AC box. Given the state I found it in, I was thinking of upgrading the entire system and wondering if you had any experience / recommendation about what system to purchase to replace everything (including the blower)

Regards

I went with the Classic Auto Air system. In the process of installing it now. It's pretty straight forward and there tech support is great. I liked it for the fact that I can use my stock vents and heat/air selector. They have upgraded the selector to electric select. It's pricy but IMO it's the best.

I chose Classic because of the original look. I use the stock vents. Only hole I had to drill was a drain tube hole. I think it was 5/8" and it is lower than the lines coming out of the stock A/C hole. The unit bolted right up in the stock location. Real easy instructions to follow. You have to modify the heat/air selector which is not hard. I wanted to clean mine up and I had the levers powder coated silver. Looks real good.

I'll try Denny. It's cold here and I have the car buttoned up for winter. No heat in my garage. I can tell you that the unit fits perfectly under the dash just where the old unit came out and all lines are in the stock location with the exception of the extra hole I had to drill for the drain tube. I used a uni-bit and it came out great!