Sign in to follow this  
User Name

69' GT roof ornaments

I was hoping that one of you gentlemen could shed some light on these hood ornaments that i found on my first mustang. I have looked around online, and haven't found them referenced anywhere. could they be a dealer option, a specialty gt option, or just something one of the owners slapped on there? if anyone could tell me anything about their origin, or how to restore them, or pretty much anything about them, it would be greatly appreciated. i appologize in advance if the post doesn't work right, (first one) anyway, thanks for your help

I was hoping that one of you gentlemen could shed some light on these hood ornaments that i found on my first mustang. I have looked around online, and haven't found them referenced anywhere. could they be a dealer option, a specialty gt option, or just something one of the owners slapped on there? if anyone could tell me anything about their origin, or how to restore them, or pretty much anything about them, it would be greatly appreciated. i appologize in advance if the post doesn't work right, (first one) anyway, thanks for your help

I have never seen those particular ornaments before, but I'm guessing they were either a dealer add-on, or, more likely, were an aftermarket upgrade from a previous owner. A very cool addition none the less though.

Those are not Ford emblems. My guess is that some previous owner scored those off of something other than a Ford product and stuck them on your car. They look like something off of a Japanese car.

This was the only emblem used on the roof of 1969 Mustangs.

ACF5F5.jpg

Edited by maxum96

Those are not Ford emblems. My guess is that some previous owner scored those off of something other than a Ford product and stuck them on your car. They look like something off of a Japanese car.

That's an interesting thought. Upon closer inspection of the font on the GT letters you could be right. Possibly a Toyota GT of some sort?

The badge is off a Mitsubishi Colt Galant GT :) Not sure how easy it will be to find a replacement!

mitsubishi_colt_1974_us_version_rare_96808331393159201.jpg

1976-dodge-colt-gt-photo-365020-s-986x603.jpg

213354720_2132071417a07bff2c6205777f0fe29a95ab933ede0af1cc9.jpg

093626986_092811344e2c21d43b555eb4b236fbb6b255c0bc8964aafaa.jpg

I must have spent 2 hours yesterday googling every GT car I could think of. Very cool to finally know what those are off of! Are you planning on keeping those on the car or returning to stock User Name?

Wow! i was not expecting that. i looked this afternoon, and two of the three mounting pillars were sticking through. i would definitely like to use these again if i can figure out how to restore, or replace them. i wasn't sure at first, but they've grown on me and like MustangGT said, they are very unique and kind of cool. they also seem to look good on the car. Thank you guys for putting all this effort into figuring this out