Sign in to follow this  
68stang289

70 Factory Hurst 4 Speed Back-Up Light Switch

Anyone happen to have a picture of their 70 factory Hurst 4-speed back up light switch completely installed? The PO ripped out the wiring harness and everything else that was needed to boot. I think I will need a bracket that attaches to the 1-3 adjustment nut, the switch, the switch retainer and the wiring harness, but I just want to verify by a picture. Thanks!

made my own bracket out of 3/16 steel plate. a lot stronger. the wiring comes off the 4 pin connecter in engine compartment on firewall behind drivers side valve cover. 2 wires are for the NSS red/blue i think and other 2 are for your backup light switch you can jumper the other 2 wires as a test to light up your backup lights. basicly 2 wires go down to your switch and when shorted turn on your backup lights.

hope that helps

made my own bracket out of 3/16 steel plate. a lot stronger. the wiring comes off the 4 pin connecter in engine compartment on firewall behind drivers side valve cover. 2 wires are for the NSS red/blue i think and other 2 are for your backup light switch you can jumper the other 2 wires as a test to light up your backup lights. basicly 2 wires go down to your switch and when shorted turn on your backup lights.

hope that helps

Thanks for the verification on my suspicions Keecho. I'm looking to avoid making my own simply because I'm trying to keep certain aspects of the car factory correct, the shifter setup being one of those things. If anyone has a picture of their factory setup, I'd really like to see it!

Pic of backup switch for hurst shifter.

NNS needs jumper wire at square plug at firewall on the 2 red/blue wires.

Is this the Hurst style switch or a 69 style switch? I'm looking for a picture of the 70 setup with a factory Hurst shifter.