Sign in to follow this  
kenbrackins

Nitto 555 question

I like the look of the Nitto 555 drag radial but can you use the same tire on the front? I am putting 275/60/15 on rear and I think 225 on the front. I know the tire/rim size subject has been beat to death on the forum but not too much on brands. Anyone suggest a tire brand? Not going to be driving in the rain. Thanks!

I have a set on my car though I have yet to drive it. I asked around on driveability, noise, etc and most everyone recommended them. Admittedly I went with them because their 315 series ran a little narrower than the alternatives.

I like the look of the Nitto 555 drag radial but can you use the same tire on the front? I am putting 275/60/15 on rear and I think 225 on the front. I know the tire/rim size subject has been beat to death on the forum but not too much on brands. Anyone suggest a tire brand? Not going to be driving in the rain. Thanks!

Run the NT555r (drag radials) in back aand the NT555 (street tire) in front. Same look but not a drag radial in front and the tread pattern will match. I run NT555r on my 06 Mustang year round

Dang it!! I thought I had it all figured out but Nitto doesnt make the size I wanted. They have the rears I wanted 275/60/15 nt555r, but the fronts I wanted a 225/60/15 nt 555 but they don't seem to have anything close to that. Any suggestions on what size on the fronts would go with that rear size? Thanks so much