Sign in to follow this  
69isfine

Doug's Headers

I have a deal cooking on some Doug's Headers in another city about 7 hours away. Cost is $300 less than buying from summit not including shipping. New in box but 7 years old.

Are these headers above average compared to others? My stang is a vert with auto so the "kit" will be needed. Not too crazy about loud so if not Dougs, then what?

Dougs used to be Doug Thourly headers. I put a set on my 69 mach, 351w, auto with p/s about 25 years ago. They are high quality thick flang headers. I just finished my restoration. I ceramic coated those old headers and put them back on the car, they look awesome.

I did have to cut a section of one driver pipe and move it to miss the steer box. I would think that issue would have been resolved by now..who Knows?

Dougs used to be Doug Thourly headers. I put a set on my 69 mach, 351w, auto with p/s about 25 years ago. They are high quality thick flang headers. I just finished my restoration. I ceramic coated those old headers and put them back on the car, they look awesome.

I did have to cut a section of one driver pipe and move it to miss the steer box. I would think that issue would have been resolved by now..who Knows?

25 years? That's amazing. Sounds like the headers will last longer than I will.

I have a set of Appliance headers that I added to my car when it was rebuilt in 1975. They are all rust covered, but still work. I was going to take the engine out, then wrap them in that heat cloth you can buy in 20 foot strips. I wonder if that company is still around?

I had dougs fitted a few months ago and they are excellent with no leaks thus far. They have nice thick flanges and thick wall pipes. Mine are ceramic coated and I do notice the lower engine bay temperatures over the old style cheap uncoated headers. I'm running 351w + fmx.