Sign in to follow this  
jeepcj7304

front end installation question

I am looking to see if anyone has access to a manual on how to assemble the front end (headlight buckets, fenders, valance, front trim, bumper, etc) I am trying to put the front end of my project together to get it ready for paint but need to know how some of the pieces go. For example there is a L bracket bolted to the radiator support that appears to go to the headlight buckets but I dont think they are in right since they are almost an inch from the bucket mounting point and is in the middle of the headlight area. If someone has one and scan them it would be a great help.

Going from memory which isn't as good as it used to be, front holes on fender to front side of radiator support are slotted. Looks like front of fender needs to move outboard and flip the nut clips to the other side of the bracket like nightowl's left side. Thinking about it some more, I think the radiator support holes behind the bracket are slotted also.

Edited by RacerX

If I were you I would invest in the mustang body assembly manual(and the rest of the series by Jim Osborne)they are worth their weight in gold and take all the gueswork out of re-assembling your mustang,each manual is about 15 bucks from any of the suppliers,I did a fold down conversion with the help of the interior manual(70 stang)best money ever spent