Sign in to follow this  
Nightowl

Coat hooks.

How do you remove those? Do you have to take the headliner out to get to them? I see I have 4 bows for the headliner, and took the sides off from the pieces that have the teeth in them that holds down the back. I will take those off, and sand blast them, then etch primer them, then maybe give them a couple coats of paint, after I figure out how those coat hooks are attached. That looks to be the only thing left to do to get the liner out. Any special things to look for to get this liner out? Thanks.

The hook has a plastic base that is screwed into the roof. Then the plastic hook fits over the base.

You just pull up on the plastic hook and it will come off. Then you can remove the base with a Phillips screwdriver.

Nope, she is a 304. As for the mustang, it had the engine done in 76, and it basically sat after that. I moved it from place to place to store it, but the engine has about 600 miles on it, and this year was the first year we really got back interested in it. The only thing left inside is the dash, and the steering column, plus the pedals, and shifter. I tore the carpet out of it about 2 hours ago. Little by little. No place for the mice to hide now. :smile:

Edited by Nightowl

You know, I was expecting to find mouse droppings and nests in my '70 Mach 1 when I tore it down. The car was completely original and never had anything replaced inside or outside. But I found no traces of animal behavior in my Mustang. (Well, there was that "Trojan" package...)

The car spent its entire life in the desert: El Paso, TX then Las Cruces, NM. Maybe that has something to do with it. Anyway, I'm quite happy I didn't find any rodent droppings or nests. Here in the Southwest, that's a good way to get Hantavirus.

Please keep us posted on your project, Nightowl. I'm looking forward to seeing your progress. (Actually, I need to see other people making progress. It inspires me to keep going on my project.)