Sign in to follow this  
redmach69

best reproduction trim?

Anyone found a vendor or manufacturer that is better than the others? I have bought everything from NPD, but some of the grill molding etc. is really poor fitting and kind of flimsy. In particular, I am on my second hood molding and neither has fit well or really been sturdy enough to be on the leading edge of the hood. I know NOS is expensive but I'm thinking about hunting for some for the hood.

Thanks

I am seeing this on my 70 as well. If you are looking for best fit, either NOS or have your OEM trim reconditoned. Probably not too many that go to this length but those that have claim they look and fit great. I can only guess this solution like NOS, isnt cheap either.

I ordered the hood trim for our 69 from California Mustang. I did not fit very good and the ends had deep grind marks. I called Cal. Mustangs and they said that was all they could get, called a couple other suppliers and was told that only one supplier makes that piece (over seas of course) and the quality is typically not good. I plan on having the original part refurbished.

I may be looking into that on my 70 eyebrows, hood and lower grille trim. Who does this sort of work? Got any estimates and ETA on this?

EDIT: I did some searches. For reference, looks like refurbing trim will usually cost more than the repo.

Edited by miketyler