Sign in to follow this  
Mike65

Welded in nuts for the hood hinge bolts

I tried doing a search and didnt find what I was looking for so here goes, I am going to be replacing the 2 front inner fender panels soon on my 69 Coupe & noticed several of the welded in nuts on the rear inner fender panels that the hood hinges bolt to are missing & just have nuts & bolts. I thought that I read here that one of the parts venders has the replacement bolts for sale? I checked out CJ Pony Parts site & could not find them there. Anyone if the are repo'd?.

TIA, Mike.

The replacement panels use a different style nut than the original design, so you shouldn't need to find originals. The OEM panels used a square nutsert that had a lip that captured the inner fender apron. Once they get punched out it's almost impossible to get the opening to retain them without welding in place.

The replacement design (at least the ones that I've seen) use a tube nut that's already welded in place so it can't punch out like the original design did. I haven't seen Dynacorn's panel, but I imagine it's also an improvement over the original. Call any of the Mustang vendors and they should be able to confirm that the replacement panels already have the tube nuts installed.

I had the same problem awhile back and a fellow 69'r Armond helped me out. He pulled some from a junk yard and sent me one. I was able to weld the nut into the inner fender panel and all was good. So I'd try to find a junk yard with a couple of 69's around (other years may work) and a cutter and go to town.

I bought new nuts through CJP If you can not source pm me I have a couple left and will send to ya

68-70 Hood Hinge Nuts(In Fender Aprons)(6) Hardware Only 1968-1970

F1482.jpgF1482.jpg

Share Your Own Image!

68-70 Hood Hinge Nuts(In Fender Aprons)(6) Hardware Only 1968-1970

Part Number: F1482

Today's Low Price

$5.15

Quantity:

In Stock

Orders placed by 5:00PM Eastern time ship today.

Edited by Dangstang
CJP ad