Sign in to follow this  
coolcvi

302 dies after heating up

Just got my Mustang street inspected and on the road. However, after being driven for about 10-15 minutes and warming up it stalls like its out of gas. If you wait until it cools down, it fires off without too much problem and will again drive u ntil it gets hot. I checked the fuel filters and they are all clean. New Edelbrock 4v carb was installed several months ago. Help

I had a similar problem a few years ago, and it was the coil. grab a spare spark plug and hook it up when the engine is running so you can look at it and see how bright the spark is during normal running. The next time is stops, hook up the spare spark plug and see if it sparks and how bright it is.

In my car, as long as the oil was cool, it was alright. After it heated up, it stopped working.

if you rule out sparks, your fuel pump could be weak. You are running the engine based on fuel in the float bowl maybe? Disconnect the fuel filter and turn the engine over for 1 second to check fuel flow. Put some absorbing rags in the area and do not have the coild connected when you do this.

I'm with danno. It's likely an electrical issue, such as the coil. As the temps rise, a small break in an electrical connection expands and loses connectivity. When it cools back off, the connection is re-established as it contracts again.