Sign in to follow this  
MustangChuck

What size are these brake bolts?

I seem to have lost my originals. Can anyone please tell me the thread size and length of the bolts that go into these holes? I assume that #1 and #2 are the same thread size and #3 and #4 are probably the same size and length.

This is the firewall where the master cylinder mounts. My car was originally a manual drum (6 cylinder) car.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Chuck

Chuck,

My 69 Coupe is a manual drum car but a 302 originally. All 4 bolts are a 9/16" head, & the 2 top bolts which I can break free & remove look like they are 3/8" threads. I cant get a good bite on the master cylinder bolts to get one out to measure as I have stuff along that side of the car in my 1 car garage. Hope that helps you out a little.

Thanks! I did a lot more digging. Finding the exact thread size and pitch has been frustrating. I believe the master cylinder bolts are (if the eBay auction was correct) 3/8"-16 and are 1.5" long. If the top two are also 3/8", they are probably 16 pitch threads (coarse?). Length unknown.

I am planning to stop by Lowe's on the way home and grab a packet of 3/8"-16 bolts. I'll post my findings tomorrow.

Many thanks again, Mike!!!

Chuck

Thanks! I did a lot more digging. Finding the exact thread size and pitch has been frustrating. I believe the master cylinder bolts are (if the eBay auction was correct) 3/8"-16 and are 1.5" long. If the top two are also 3/8", they are probably 16 pitch threads (coarse?). Length unknown.

I am planning to stop by Lowe's on the way home and grab a packet of 3/8"-16 bolts. I'll post my findings tomorrow.

Many thanks again, Mike!!!

Chuck

You are welcome, thats why we all come here to help each other out when needed. It just happens my car is torn apart so it was no big deal & I am glad I could help someone out when needed.

Mike.

SellersRodShop, if you also have access to your master cylinder, would you please measure the length from the flat mating surface to the tip of the pedal rod? Located with my lost bolts is my master cylinder (I hope). I am getting measurements to begin my hydroboost install.

Many thanks!

Chuck