Sign in to follow this  
69RavenConv

WTB: Trunk lock extension shaft

I've lost the extension for my convertible's trunk lock and would like to find a used OEM replacement. I bought a repop but it's too short. It's the metal shaft that connects the key cylinder to the actual latch, similar to the picture below. I'd be willing to buy the whole trunk lock assembly, even if it's trashed, as long as the shaft is usable. TIA.

attachment.php?attachmentid=10989&stc=1&d=1333590661

A quick follow up for anyone who cares. For some reason, 69's take a longer extension than most (all?) other years. At the Columbus swap, I bought a trunk lock assembly from a '73, then another from a '67 (because I thought the tag said "69" until I got home and found it wasn't). Long story short, neither one worked (good thing they were cheap) but the long repop from Scott Drake works (link below). It's actually too long but can be cut down and ground smooth. Yeah, it has a C7 part number, even though the OEM '67 I bought doesn't work.....

http://www.drakeautomotivegroup.com/Store/ProductSearchResults.aspx?wid=141&kw=trunk%20extension

Edited by 69RavenConv