Sign in to follow this  
1969 coupe

Parts pricing question

I found a local guy who has a lot of Ford parts, mostly Mustang stuff. I was just looking around for someone local in case I need something not reproduced. He has a lot of stuff including complete shakers, toploaders, and 9 inch rears and other items. I don't need any of this stuff, but may buy a 9 inch off of him. Just want to know what is a decent price on some stuff so I can see how he values his stuff. If someone can post some prices, especially on an open 9 that will fit, it would be appreciated.

Edited by 1969 coupe

Not sure what all prices you're looking for. I got a used 9" that I rebuilt for $200. I've seen ready to install units on ebay & craig's list forom $500 - $1200+. I guess that depends on how old, gearing, trac loc, disc brakes etc.

I spent another couple of hundred rebuilding mine & putting in Yukon Trac Lock 3.73 grears.

Yeah that's the kind of info I was looking for. I just met this guy and didn't know if he was reasonable or a little high on pricing. I have very little knowledge on most things, especially pricing. What is a good price for a 4 speed toploader or a shaker assembly? I assume the shakers are not the same for different engines so any info would help in determining how he values his items. If I find that he is reasonable and he doesn't mind me sharing his info, I will try and post contact info.