Sign in to follow this  
Black Jade

Parts Question

Hi Ed,

I don't know about the lowering blocks. But I would go with the stainless steel louver hinges from MU. Anytime you "plate" anything there is always the possibility to have micro pits where water can get in and start corroding. Then the "plating" will begin to bubble and flake off after "xyz" number of years. All stainless need is a little touch up with steel wool. Bruce

Hi Ed,

I don't know about the lowering blocks. But I would go with the stainless steel louver hinges from MU. Anytime you "plate" anything there is always the possibility to have micro pits where water can get in and start corroding. Then the "plating" will begin to bubble and flake off after "xyz" number of years. All stainless need is a little touch up with steel wool. Bruce

i'd go stainless on the hinges......odds are the cast ones are made in china and the chrome will start pitting within a year of putting them on your car....unless its garaged. As for the lowering blocks, i'd go with whomever is cheaper....i got mine from pep boys......i've had them on my ragtop for 8 years and have had no problems.

i'd go stainless on the hinges......odds are the cast ones are made in china and the chrome will start pitting within a year of putting them on your car....unless its garaged. As for the lowering blocks, i'd go with whomever is cheaper....i got mine from pep boys......i've had them on my ragtop for 8 years and have had no problems.

If you are going for what was originally put on the car, then go chrome hinges. If you want something that is a bit more maintenance free or won't pit, go stainless.

Watch out for the cast hollow spacer blocks. You may not have issues with 1" ones, but have heard many people cracking them under some decent power.

If you are going for what was originally put on the car, then go chrome hinges. If you want something that is a bit more maintenance free or won't pit, go stainless.

Watch out for the cast hollow spacer blocks. You may not have issues with 1" ones, but have heard many people cracking them under some decent power.

Screw the Blocks. How Much lower do you want it....Mid eye 4.5 leafs will slam you down at least 1-1.5 inches. we did a friends car, and we installed them it looked the same ...until we drove it LOL drove for an hour, cam home got out of the car and were like Holy S**T....had to cut the coils once, then the car settled a bit more, then cut them again LOL.

His car has a nice stance, so i ordered 4.5 Reverse Eye Springs, cuz i wanted lower than he had LOL, wondering how low its REALLY going to get LOL.

Kinda worried it may be too low, but im going for the pro touring look haha

Screw the Blocks. How Much lower do you want it....Mid eye 4.5 leafs will slam you down at least 1-1.5 inches. we did a friends car, and we installed them it looked the same ...until we drove it LOL drove for an hour, cam home got out of the car and were like Holy S**T....had to cut the coils once, then the car settled a bit more, then cut them again LOL.

His car has a nice stance, so i ordered 4.5 Reverse Eye Springs, cuz i wanted lower than he had LOL, wondering how low its REALLY going to get LOL.

Kinda worried it may be too low, but im going for the pro touring look haha