Sign in to follow this  
BRADVAN

Front end rattle

69 coupe basket case that the PO says he replace the spring perches and shocks before i bought the car. They looked new and shiney when i looked at them. Car has all new brakes (power drums). Car has new aftermarket upper and lower contol arms. As i drive the car around i hear a rattle from the front end, like a shock rattleing around loose type rattle (they are not loose). Anyone care to provide a list of parts to check and how to check them? Thanks.

Thanks for the replies. The rattle happens with just general driving. I will say the roads I have driven the car on are mostly in a small town, uneven and they get a chip and seal every other year or so. On the higway the rattle is barely there. The wheels are Ansen Sprint with no center caps.

The biggest part of the rattle ended up being loose bolts on the shock tower. The bolts that bolt the stock export-type brace to the shock towere were loose. They looked as if they had been loose for years. Had to replace them, noise went away. The cowl was a small source of rattle, fixed that with a few small pieces of thin doublesided foam tape.