Sign in to follow this  
stangnet33

Who makes the best repro panel parts ?

Just checking on opinions on who makes the best replacement metal these days. Years ago the last pieces I got was really poor stuff. A few pieces the metal would just burn up like paper ( from over seas ) and a few others had good thickness but very poor quality with the stamping process that it would of been better to make them by hand. I'm thinking Dynacorn seems to be one of the better producers. Any opinions or advise ?

I have purchased the normal Aftermarket parts from CJs and have not had too many issues. The trunk lid i bought needed some work and as of right now i am taking a beating on the headlight buckets.

Know that you will have to so some work with them. I have seen on the forums where a lot of people have purchased the Ford Tooling parts, and have been pretty pleased.

On my 69 Coupe I have purchased & installed a Dynacorn door shell for the drivers side & the fit looks good, & I have purchased a Dynacorn quarter skin & on preliminary fitting looks like it will need a little tweaking but overall the fit looks good.

For the door Mike how is the thickness/gauge of the metal compared to the original ?

Junior have you decided on how you are going to correct your buckets yet ? I know even the original buckets and rear extensions are a real pain to align to begin with.

For the door Mike how is the thickness/gauge of the metal compared to the original ?

I seems to me to be the same gauge/thickness compared to the original door it replaced.

Junior have you decided on how you are going to correct your buckets yet ? I know even the original buckets and rear extensions are a real pain to align to begin with.

Not yet - I should know which way I will go with it after this weekend. Once i get everything around them fit up, then I'll know if i need to replace them, or work on them.