Sign in to follow this  
CHUCK4850

1969 power ventilation system wanted

I did find that one, while searching everywhere I could think of. I thought the price was kinda high, but I guess it is really rare. And, it's from a Cougar, so the dash vents, and the sleeve behind them is wrong for a Mustang.

It uses a higher output blower motor that was actually air cooled. A rubber hose went from the fan area back out through the firewall, and into the can of the motor. When you were in Power Vent mode, outside air was sent out the two center A/C ducts.

According to my Marti Report, my car came with this option. Somebody swapped it for a standard heater at some point, because it's not in there now. It was probably ordered with that option only because you couldn't get A/C in a 428 4 speed car.

Chuck

I have the center vent duct with the vacuum canister, and the high capacity fan motor with the return cooling tube. These are the only 2 parts I have and I was going to try to make them work on my car as I am now leaning against vintage air. I have since been informed they will not work on a standard heater box - but Im still not sure. I dont want to cut my firewall. I need to try to fit these up. I can then decide if I am going that route or not, and will let you know! Thanks