Sign in to follow this  
mike639

mopar guy looking at a ford

I have an offer on a clean trade for my 73 plymouth roadrunner for a 69 mustang hard top (not fast back), each of us have about the same amount invested in each car. the stang looks good and i can deal with the work it needs, but I dont know how much of a desirable car the 69 hard top is and what it might be worth after its completely restored.

I like my 73 roadrunner clone, it wont be worth what im putting in at the end but I lilke the fact Im the only plymouth at the shows. I know theres a ton of mustangs out there that are really good at retaining value, but other than that i dont really know too much else on the make and model.

any advice or insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

I would stick with the Plymouth especially if your a Mopar guy. To be honest the 69 coupe does not command a high price tag as the fastback and convertible do. I can almost guarantee that it would cost more to restore than its worth. I hate to say that as I am currently restoring a 69 coupe and I am already upside down with my budget...I just happen to love the coupes.

Its all about what u want and when it comes to building it helps to know the cars and have parts kicking around. I have been fooling with stangs so long it would be tough to switch. That being said i had a few mopars and chevys in the day as well. I had a friend that lost his shirt on a 72 or 3 roadrunner clone said he would never restore another car again. He is building an A bucket now though. Best of luck either way.