Sign in to follow this  
Flanders

running lean?

Also keep in mind that too small of a carb should not cause a lean condition. You should still be able to to get the correct A/F ratio for the amount of air the carburetor takes in. A carburetor that is too small will simply not provide enough air for the pump (engine), which will rob power. Regardless, it should be able to meter enough fuel, for the air it provides.

Yes that is true. I do know that todays Holley carbs tend to be calibrated with a leaner fuel curve than their older counterparts. I often wonder what type of engines todays new carbs are calibrated to run on. I don't have any other input at this time.

Yes that is true. I do know that todays Holley carbs tend to be calibrated with a leaner fuel curve than their older counterparts. I often wonder what type of engines todays new carbs are calibrated to run on. I don't have any other input at this time.

This is true. ProSystems took my 950HP and put bigger everything in it. Bigger squirters, bigger squirters cams, bigger bleeds, ect....