Sign in to follow this  
prayers1

Tell me if I have an axe to grind?

The thrust of this thread was to obtain information and opinions to see if I had any recourse to pursue replacement of the failed ignition parts. I received very favorable responses and received an education on wiring, both were very benificial.

I have accomplished in getting the MFG. to replace the damaged items, therefore I will retire this thread and start a new regarding the ignition wiring. I want to Thank all the member in helping me, I greatly appreciate it and maybe someone who comes across this thread might find some of this information helpful as it was for me.

My earlier reference about removing the ignition wire was about the motor not turning over. The key switch has one wire that goes to the underhood wire harness. For 1969 models you can disconnect it right at the firewall where there is a connector. With this disconnected the car will not run, but you should be able to get the starter to turn the motor over.