Sign in to follow this  
prayers1

Blower Motor has a 3/4 size hole in the case???

Non A/C car--My replacement blower motor just came in. On the side of the case there is a 3/4 of an inch hole. I can clearly see the windings. I'm afraid if I use it as it is, water will destroy it. I called CJ Pony and they said that's what the book calls for. Now, my old motor is of the same size but doesn't have the hole. I've seen another vender selling the same motor for a NON AC car and calling it a power vent.

Should I agrue with CJ that I have the wrong part or is there an easy solution such as a gromet.

Please advise.

Edited by Pakrat
Fixed title

Here's a picture of the new and old.

As you can see the new blower motor has a large hole the size of a quarter and the wires are near the back of the case. My blower doesn't have that big hole and the wires are closer to the firewall.

1969Blowermotor003.jpg

Thank you Mach1Rider for the reply.

I figured it out. The hole is for the power vent, A elbow type of hose that attaches to the hole of the flat cover holding the blower motor. My flat cover has no hole so I can't attach the elbow hose. You can see the impression of the hole on my cover but I would have to knock it out.

I went to Autozone today, found the exact motor, it cost me $9 since I had 20 dollars owed to me for points. The new motor had long studs on eachside of the motor. I swapped the bolts from the old motor that look like carriage bolts. Now I can send the CJ Pony motor back that cost me $44.16.

Problem solved. I hope this info helps someone else.