Sign in to follow this  
MikeStang

Need some AC Help

Ok reinstalling a factory AC system on 351W in 69 MAch 1.

I purchased the compressor mounting bracket, tough to find that one haha, i also have the correct bracket that bolts to the compressor with the idler on it....So here is my question......The bracket that bolts from the water pump to the front of the Power steering pump wont work for some reason....Once you install the front power steering bracket, then put the pump in place and stick the long bolt through the front, it wont line up to screw into the hole on the compressor mount bracket....its about 3/8" off.

The car had the stock power steering. origionally when i started working on the car it had the little solid metal piece with 3 holes in it that bolts to the motor then the long power steering bolt goes in that once its put through the front bracket and the power steering pump....it works like that. but when you add the compressor mount bracket it WONT fit :-/....is the power steering front bracket different on the 69 351 motors like the compressor mount is?

seems i see alot of power steering brackets on ebay and they say they are for 351 W in 69, BUT i dont think they are for a car with power steering & AC....please help :(

Mike

Hi Mike, I have some pictures of my 1970 302 ac/power steering bracket setup. I don't know if this will help but I remember when reassembling my ac that I had gotten some of the brackets mixed up and I had to look closely at the pictures to get it all back together correctly.

I apologize if this is not exactly what you are looking for but I figured it couldn't hurt.

Joe

My dumb ass grabbed the compressor mount bracket that i had drillled and tapped LOL.....this was bfore i had the factory bracket with the hole drilled in the right location.....Im considering drilling one of the other brackets i have to the same spec as the origionals, then i will have back ups in case some one else wants to do factory AC

Mike