Sign in to follow this  
BLF

1969 Mustang rear end

Well this question is a matter of opinion....several years are interchangeable, it all depends on what your goal so far as tire and rim fitment is.

I am running a 9" out of a 70 Mustang, its about 3/4" longer on each side, thus it pushes the wheel out a bit further, which will decrease the outer lip width that you can run, but will allow you to run a bit wider rim with out hitting the outer fender lip, at least that is the case with my car...i did not have to roll the fender lip, and im running 20" rims, but they are only 8.5" wide, however i have about 3" of extra room between the inside of the tire and the leaf springs, so this being said i could run a wider rim if i wanted to, but my outer lip is only about 2" wide, so the dish is not deep at all.

The 68-69 rear if i recall is a bit narrower, which will allow you to do a few things with wheel size and offset too...I think street king is running a 10" rim?

I am pretty sure the 66 rear end is the most narrow rear end, which will allow you to run a rim with a deeper dish on it.

The 9" from a lincoln Versalies will also work and its said to be just a hair longer than the 66 rear ends.

From what i have gathered the 66 rear end is the most desirable for getting the Largest wheel I THINK.

Dont quote me on this, i just know a rear from a 66-70 Mustang WILL FIT

Mike

Well this question is a matter of opinion....several years are interchangeable, it all depends on what your goal so far as tire and rim fitment is.

I am running a 9" out of a 70 Mustang, its about 3/4" longer on each side, thus it pushes the wheel out a bit further, which will decrease the outer lip width that you can run, but will allow you to run a bit wider rim with out hitting the outer fender lip, at least that is the case with my car...i did not have to roll the fender lip, and im running 20" rims, but they are only 8.5" wide, however i have about 3" of extra room between the inside of the tire and the leaf springs, so this being said i could run a wider rim if i wanted to, but my outer lip is only about 2" wide, so the dish is not deep at all.

The 68-69 rear if i recall is a bit narrower, which will allow you to do a few things with wheel size and offset too...I think street king is running a 10" rim?

I am pretty sure the 66 rear end is the most narrow rear end, which will allow you to run a rim with a deeper dish on it.

The 9" from a lincoln Versalies will also work and its said to be just a hair longer than the 66 rear ends.

From what i have gathered the 66 rear end is the most desirable for getting the Largest wheel I THINK.

Dont quote me on this, i just know a rear from a 66-70 Mustang WILL FIT

Mike