Sign in to follow this  
Big Secz

Took her back home!

Today was awesome. I drove her 125 miles one way to Staunton, VA in the Shennandoah Valley area to take her to visit the original dealership that sold her back in 1970.

I had found out from my Marti Report that this was an original VA car. I found the dealership online and contacted them. They asked me if I could bring it by one day. So I set out this morning with 10 of my biker friend (Shennandoah Harley was only a mile away from the Ford dealer) and headed to the mountains.

This was the perfect chance for me to really put the car to the test. The warranty on the motor is going to expire at the end of the summer and I barely have 1,000 miles on it since the rebuild.

The heat index today was 120 so overheating was a concern. Made it there in back with no major issues. The only things I discovered seem fairly simple or can wait until this fall to address.

Issues:

Car has a "wobble" in the front end at around 50 MPH and then smooths out at around 60. Maybe the tires are out of ballance? Ideas?

A loud rattle under the passenger side. Almost certain that this is the exhaust, because when I cut the car off you can hear it "clang".

Temp gauge is still way off. The hottest the car got today was 200. I checked it with my thermometer, and my temp gauge was completely maxed out which should have meant it was overheating. Replaced the sending unit, guess the guage itself is the problem.

Steering is still a little quirky. I think the problems I'm having is bump-steer.

Below are some pictures from today. One of the reps from the dealership is going to email me the pictures that they took and pictures of the original building.

Oh, and yes I drove the entire trip with the top down. I'm hardcore like that. :gunsmilie: