Sign in to follow this  
MikeStang

Temp and Oil Press Add on's

Alrighty here is another one of those "How did you do it " Questions.

Im installing an alternate oil pressure and water temp guage into a friends Mach.

the new guages will be going into one of the little shelby guage pods that mounts in your center console in place of the ash tray.

My question is this.

#1 on the water temp guage, im wondering HOW i can get that long temp probe into the intake manifold water jacket, and still maintain the electric sending unit that is in the intake now? The other outlet on the pass side has a heater hose nipple in it, and thus must stay the way it is.

The hole thats in the thermostat housing wont work because the probe will hit the thermostat.......Can i put the temp probe in the driver intake water passage and maybe move the sengin unit thats there now to one of the heads? and if so will it just keep the guage pegged in the dash? Isnt the head water jacket temp going to be much higher than at the intake?

#2 On the oil pressure guage, i have the big old bell shaped sending unit going to the dash, and we all know the aftermarket guage has the little plastic hose that has to be plumbed in.....is there another place i can tap this thing into the motor....i know my pontiac has an oil galley in the rear i used to feed my turbos, but not sure on this thing.

Help me out guys :P

Mike

You might try putting the temp sending in ther thermostat housing and the guage one the intake. Not sure if that will work. For the oil pressure, there is a "T" fitting that you can use. Both the sending unit and the gauge go into it.