Sign in to follow this  
paulb

clevor extractors

What are extractors? As you know there are several water jacket passages on the underside of the head that need to be machined and fitted with freeze plugs. Then you need to have a special intake designed for that combination. I'm not sure how many people are doing this combo. How's winter going? Bruce

What are extractors? As you know there are several water jacket passages on the underside of the head that need to be machined and fitted with freeze plugs. Then you need to have a special intake designed for that combination. I'm not sure how many people are doing this combo. How's winter going? Bruce

Extractors are what we call headers in Australia.

Kooks, Accufab and FPA all make semi-custom headers (extractors) that are designed for a specific chassis/engine/head/trans combination. They are built to order from patterns, not shelf stocked so they are a little pricey but are typically of better quality than Hooker or Hedmans. From various threads I've read, FPA seems to have the best customer feedback. I went with Accufab, and although in general they were well made, I did have to have 2 tubes altered to make spark plug access easier and prevent burning plug wires. Mine are 1 3/4" and if the bell housing is off they drop in and out without any fuss.