Sign in to follow this  
jagsfan811

Speaker housing behind the rear seat

hello,

the back of my seat in my coupe has 2 holes for speakers, but is raw without a cover etc. i dont have a 3rd brake light and dont really want one but do want to design and fabricate something to house my speakers, but dont want to buy the store ones. I want to see the speakers as well.

has anyone done this before? if so could you post some pictures to give me some ideas?

thanks

hello,

the back of my seat in my coupe has 2 holes for speakers, but is raw without a cover etc. i dont have a 3rd brake light and dont really want one but do want to design and fabricate something to house my speakers, but dont want to buy the store ones. I want to see the speakers as well.

has anyone done this before? if so could you post some pictures to give me some ideas?

thanks

I made one for the 68 I just did for my son-inlaw but after looking thru the pic's it seems that I didn't get any of that part. :confused1:

I used some cardboard for the template and cut it out of a peice of 1/8 hardboard. Added some 1/2 in foam and covered it in black material glued to it and mounted the speakers from underneath with grills on top.

I made one for the 68 I just did for my son-inlaw but after looking thru the pic's it seems that I didn't get any of that part. :confused1:

I used some cardboard for the template and cut it out of a peice of 1/8 hardboard. Added some 1/2 in foam and covered it in black material glued to it and mounted the speakers from underneath with grills on top.

the material you covered it with, was it a felt material? the foam was used to eliminate vibrations?

thank you

the material you covered it with, was it a felt material? the foam was used to eliminate vibrations?

thank you

'69-70 Coupes actually had a "formed" (hardboard) package tray rather than a flat one like '65-68 ... the back edge curls up to the window gasket. The reproduction one I've seen is formed fiberglass instead of hardboard.

Anyway, because of this curled back edge, it may be tricky to make something custom that fits as well or looks like it belongs there.

Just an FYI.

Doug

'69-70 Coupes actually had a "formed" (hardboard) package tray rather than a flat one like '65-68 ... the back edge curls up to the window gasket. The reproduction one I've seen is formed fiberglass instead of hardboard.

Anyway, because of this curled back edge, it may be tricky to make something custom that fits as well or looks like it belongs there.

Just an FYI.

Doug