Sign in to follow this  
69gmachine

We need to go on a cruise!

I'm bringing this back from last year since we were never able to get our schedules on the same page. I was waiting for the heat to break since I don't have my AC working. So Jay and anyone else in MD, No VA, or PA who want to get together for a cruise some time this month or next please chime in.

I'd still like to go to CJ Pony Parts, but I'm open to other ideas as well.

I'm still down to do something. I just took the Stang out for a meet up (over an hour away). Was so nice to actually drive it and cruise on the highway a bit, it's starting to feel like a museum piece! lol

I'll be working away from home the next few weeks/months, so the only real option (by the time I get back every weekend) for me is a Saturday day trip somewhere. Any good events at Carslile coming up? If not, CJ's is still an option too. Keep me posted!

OK, we're getting close enough to firm up the plans. Since I have a 4 hour drive, I was thinking about leaving around 6:00 AM to get there at approx 10:00. We need to allow a little time for everyone to gather up, so how about 10:30 at the bleachers behind the food court?

Is that enough time for you Cavboy? You may want to come down the night before since you have such a long drive.

We can walk around the swap meet for a while and then cruise to a restaurant for an early dinner say around 5:00/5:30? that would allow me to get back home around 10:30/11 ish. I'm open to suggestions for where to eat and times.

That all sounds good to me. I may have to leave a little earlier if I don't end up with Monday off (a slight possibility) - but otherwise a 10:30 meet up sounds good. I've never been to Carlisle before, are the bleachers/food court easy to find? I've heard the place is huge.

At the bottom of the page is a picture of the food court (front) and bleachers (back).

http://www.carlisleevents.com/about/

They hand out maps at the entrances.

The fair grounds covers 82 acres. In years past the fall show covered every square inch. I haven't been in years, and the Ford show has been way down since '07 when the economy collapsed, so I don't know how big it will be this year.

I'm so sorry guys, I think I have to cancel Sunday. I had a bad accident in the garage Sunday and split my right arm open pretty good. 15 stitches later, I'm hurting pretty bad. I can't drive stick at the moment, let alone stick with manual steering in the Mustang :-(

I'm so bummed out. It all totally sucks.

I'm so sorry guys, I think I have to cancel Sunday. I had a bad accident in the garage Sunday and split my right arm open pretty good. 15 stitches later, I'm hurting pretty bad. I can't drive stick at the moment, let alone stick with manual steering in the Mustang :-(

I'm so bummed out. It all totally sucks.

ouch... get better.. more mustang work to be done!!

Thanks guys for the well wishes. My stitches come out Sunday morning, I'm not sure how painful that will all be (been in a lot of pain so far), but if I am in decent shape, I'm trying to borrow an automatic so I can still drive down and hopefully see the show and meet up. But don't count on me 100% - going to play it by ear.

Jay, I think you should just stay home and get well. With no firm commitment from anyone, I'm not willing to drive 4 hours each way. My daughter has a softball game in the morning and some friends have invited me to a football/birthday party in the evening, so I have plenty of other things to do Sunday.

I also have another trip planned for the end of the month driving down to Wilmington NC for the Marine Corps Ball. My son asked me to drive the Mach 1 down, so I'll get a nice cross country trip out of it.

There's always next year:tongue:

Yea, you're right, wishful thinking I guess. I was really looking forward to the meet up. I'm in no shape to go anywhere. Had some complications and the stitches don't come out till next thurs now anyways. Bummer.