Sign in to follow this  
428mach169

New rear end

Does anyone know the best option for a new rear end with disk brakes? I currently have a 9" rear end with drum brakes and 4.11 gears. I am going to change out the gears and at some point but disk brakes. Is it better to just buy a completely new rear end or make modifications to all of the existing. It is not a coded car. Also, does anyone know if any other years will fit the 69 mach 1? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Does anyone know the best option for a new rear end with disk brakes? I currently have a 9" rear end with drum brakes and 4.11 gears. I am going to change out the gears and at some point but disk brakes. Is it better to just buy a completely new rear end or make modifications to all of the existing. It is not a coded car. Also, does anyone know if any other years will fit the 69 mach 1? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

there are TONS of conversion kits out there you just need to do some research.

for starters u can use the front and rear brakes/rotors from 94-04 from a gt or cobra, you just need to purchase an adapter plate this is if your doing both front and rear.

there Versailles Rear brake conversion i don't have much experience with those

there are TONS of conversion kits out there you just need to do some research.

for starters u can use the front and rear brakes/rotors from 94-04 from a gt or cobra, you just need to purchase an adapter plate this is if your doing both front and rear.

there Versailles Rear brake conversion i don't have much experience with those