Sign in to follow this  
Burn

Pate Swap Meet 4-28 through 5-1 (Fort Worth, TX )

psm_title.gif

http://www.pateswapmeet.com/

The 39th annual Pate Swap Meet will be held on the paved surface outside the Texas Motor Speedway in Fort Worth, on April 28 through May 1, 2011. The Pate Swap Meet, one of the three largest swap meets in the country, has more than a quarter of a century history of auto swap meets and is recognized internationally for its diversity of automotive products offered by its vendors. Vendors from across the country will fill the vast acreage with everything automotive -- from cars to hard-to-find car parts and related items.

The Pate Swap Meet is the fund raising effort of seventeen Texas antique automobile clubs. The first swap meet held by this organization took place on the grounds of the Pate Museum of Transportation in 1973. This event grew tremendously during the 26 years that it was held on the grounds surrounding the museum. Changes in the long term usage of much of this property forced the swap meet to seek a new location. In 1998, the Pate Swap Meet moved to the Texas Motor Speedway in Fort Worth. These new facilities provide ample parking for all visitors to the swap meet, easy access to and from Interstate 35, unlimited space for camper parking during the event, and a vast amount of paved space for the swap meet to expand in the future.

*** We now have special room rates available on a first come first serve basis at area hotels for pate attendees.Click here to check out lodging for Pate attendees

I went on friday and the wind was kickin it. I picked up a few trim pieces , a new gas tank, pop open gas cap and a bunch of weatherstripping. I also got a bunch of free new catalogs, one company in oklahoma, Obsolete and Classic Auto Parts out of Oklahoma City, made a nice sale too.

I went Saturday from about 11am to 3pm and seen about 1/3rd the show and the car coral. I got tired of walking and was getting a sun burn so I left. The weather was excellent and I cant believe how freaking big this thing was. Next year I'm renting one of those electric seated carts to cruise around on. :)