Sign in to follow this  
CandyAppleRed

69 hood. Regular repro or Ford tooling?

Anyone have experience with the currently available hoods for the 69? The Ford tooling hood is quite a bit more expensive and I just don't know if it's worth the extra $$ or not. The hood would be laying on both right and left reproduction fenders anyway.

Has anyone seen or worked with both and have an opinion as to how much difference there is?

Thank you in advance for any input.

Anyone have experience with the currently available hoods for the 69? The Ford tooling hood is quite a bit more expensive and I just don't know if it's worth the extra $$ or not. The hood would be laying on both right and left reproduction fenders anyway.

Has anyone seen or worked with both and have an opinion as to how much difference there is?

well both are going to get worked on and adjusted when in the bodyshop, the ford tooling means it stamped like the original so fitment would be on point rather than the non tooling one where it will need a little more work fitting on your mustang but it shouldnt be that bad unless they send you like a honda crx hood or something lol..

Thanks for the reply rwcstang. "the bodyshop" is my garage so I'll be the one doing the cussing. Normally I would go with the Ford tooling without a second thought. But since it will be laying on 2 reproduction fenders, and the cost difference is $148, I'm thinking the standard repro may be the way to go.

Thanks for the reply rwcstang. "the bodyshop" is my garage so I'll be the one doing the cussing. Normally I would go with the Ford tooling without a second thought. But since it will be laying on 2 reproduction fenders, and the cost difference is $148, I'm thinking the standard repro may be the way to go.

agreed, most repos are good just they need to be tweaked to fit the car properly.

I had picked up a used repo hood for my car during the build and did not like the weakness of the hood. It tended to flex a lot and I ended up going with the fiberglass hood, which I love. If it were me, I would pick up a original tooling hood, but then again I went with fiberglass.. lol

This kindda late thread but i once switch to anodized alum but having issue. So far, i use the original tooling hood and bring my mustang back in track. I heard anodized or chromed alum could not be re polished and another thing is that they are low quality...