Sign in to follow this  
Sidthing

Has anyone used a Keisler trans?

So after two years of saving and thinking about it I called up Keisler and ordered a 5 speed. I was just planning on getting a tremec 5 speed, but they talked me into one of their rs 500 5 speeds. I was just curious if anyone has installed one, or driven one, and wanted to know what you thought.

I have been looking at them. A few peeps on VMF have used their modifed Tremec's. The RS500 just came out, I get their newsletter and just got the following on Friday! Was there any wait timefor the estimated ship date?

WELCOME the KEISLER Rallye Sport RS 5-Speed !!

For 19 years, my company has been working on bring you new and better ways to improve your classic car. For the past 11 years, my focus has been primarily on re-engineering the Tremec aftermarket TKO 5-speed, and we have sold more than 13,000 of those units. While our highly customized Keisler PerfectFit TKO & Kit remains the best solution on the market for adapt the Tremec, we have developed "the better mouse trap". This is the Keisler Rallye Sport RS 5-Speed. Why is it better? Here's why:

1) Better Fit - NO CUTTING in more applications where the TKO requires cutting. Applications like Chevelle, GTO, Olds442, Nova, Charger, Roadrunner, 1955-57 Bel Air/Nomad, Classic Mustang, Latre model Mustang, Classic Corvette, Camaro/Firebird, AMX/Javelin. AND better driveline angle for vibration free highway cruising

2) Better Shift Quality - No Missed Shifts (common TKO problem); Clean high rpm (7000rpm) shifts (TKO limit is 6000rpm); Silky Smooth - no notchy feel and much less effort at the shifter handle.

3) Better Gearing - We've perfected the 1-2 rpm drop on the RS600 close ratio high torque model.

4) Less Cost - You will save from $300 to over $1000 over a comparable torque rated tremec kit

Better product, better price, built right here at Keisler Engineering with USA top shelf components. This is a major advancement for the market!

Yeah, they said there was a four week wait. It was funny when I called, I didn't know it but I was talking to Shafi, the owner. I just wanted to order the tranny while I was still pumped up and willing to part with the money, and he kept wanting to talk about the emails. He kept asking if I had read the emails. I kept telling him no, that I didn't want to think about the parts before I could afford them. He insisted that I read the emails, and told me he was going to resend me the email about their RS line. I hope he doesn't read this forum, because I didn't read the second one he sent me either.

what about tranzilla.. zilla zilla zilla zilla..... sorry couldnt resist...

will know why i typed it... but i have been lookin at the specials they have for T56 mods... thinking of sending my Viper T56 in for the tranzilla mod... would be nice to shift without a clutch sometimes... and should never get close to the torque specs..:gunsmilie: