Sign in to follow this  
Jayru

Anyone ever use these seats?

How comfortable are they? They seem like nice pro touring seats for a cheap price and they kinda look like the factory front/rear seat pattern no?

I'm thinking they would match sorta close and not require custom upholstery to make them match the stock rear seats. You could dye the rear to match the front or dye the front to match the factory color.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/CMB-27-0001/?rtype=10

At a closer comparison, they're wider (stripe stitching) than the factory seats, but may still be cool? It would suck if they were super uncomfortable though to boot!

Edited by Jayru

I have these in my 69 fastback and they are extremely comfortable! The side supports are nice during cornering. The only bad thing I have to say about them is that I'm foot 3 and they are a little harder to get in and out of then the factory seats then again I'm only 21 so its not hard on my body at all and if you were of bigger size I could see these seats being hard to get into. Also for the rear seat I'll have to do some digging to find out who I got it from but I got the rear matching upholstery to the front procar seats. Here is a quick pic quality isn't so good because I used my phone. Also I think I only paid $119 for the rear upholstery?

Edited by StephenC

Thanks Stephen!

Why do you say they're harder to get in and out of? Are they taller (so your knees hit the steering wheel making it harder to enter/exit), or is it the side bolsters/lumbar?

Do the seats have adjustable sliders, or do they bolt fixed to the floor?

Thanks Stephen!

Why do you say they're harder to get in and out of? Are they taller (so your knees hit the steering wheel making it harder to enter/exit), or is it the side bolsters/lumbar?

Do the seats have adjustable sliders, or do they bolt fixed to the floor?

It seems to me that they sit a little higher and dont go back as far as the orinal do. And yeah they have adjustable sliders and if you have a coupe the seats will fully recline with the fastback they will not because they hit the rear interior panels.

The Scat seats are probably the most commonly used conversion on Mustangs in fact they are practically the only ones designed speciifcally for use on our cars. I have never heard any complaints about them except for the getting in and out of and knee room as listed. Instead of this route I went with the Fiero conversion, it's very popular with the hot rod communities and catching on in ours, it not only doesn't have the entry issues since the bolsters are designed more for a casual car instead of racing type but you actually pick up knee and head clearanace over stock instead of loosing it. Just type FIERO into the search engine if interested, you'll find all kinds of threads on the topic. There are lots of pics in my gallery as well.

Seat_compare.sized.jpg

I also have the Scats and yes, getting in and out of the car is a bit difficult, depending on the size of the steering wheel. They are comfy so far, although I haven't gone on a long road trip with em. The adapter brackets have some height adjustment, and you will be able to recline, unlike factory buckets.

You may have to do some fiddling to get the sliders to work. I had to drill holes in a new location to get the lever to release the sliders on both side of the track. The factory provided two holes, one would release one side, the other hole would release the other side, but neither did both, so I had to drill a new hole in between.

While drilling a hole is far from complex, the reality is that they sell a lot of these seats, and the hole problem is not application specific, so it's something they should really have worked out already. This kind of stuff drives me nuts, and unfortunately, is all too common in the aftermarket. QC is merely a rumor. Having to modify the seat tracks to get them to function as they were supposed to be designed is unacceptable.

I do like the seats though.