Sign in to follow this  
jwscarab

1969 Dash Cluster with 8000 tach - woodgrain

Joe,

I know you said you are going to restomod your car, but you might want to keep a part like this for future resale value. Also, I don't know what state you are in, but here in California you could run into issues with the law regarding the odometer being changed out. Here you have to place a label on the door advising the odo has been changed out, or have the new odo adjusted to the same mileage as the original. Just a thought. Bruce

Hi Bruce!

Good advice, and I apperciate it!

One thing tho - this guage cluster is not the original for my car. The guy I bought my car from apparently had been collecting parts for over 20 years! When I bought the car, the deal was I got all the parts in the garage. He had 6 guage clusters.....lol. Nor is the fold down setup because I got 2 of those and I am keeping one, nor is the steering wheel. Now my clock is rare from what I understand and it does belong to my car per the marti, but I really like the look of the round ones so I am going that route.

I ordered the marti and my car does not come with a tach. Its a low optioned, 302 3spd manual, 9F02F, car - perfect for a restomod without ruining value like a R code or something. So I am gonna go aftermarket guages. These parts I am selling will help get my project rolling with a few extra $$! In my state I had to mark title "mileage not actual" since the odometer was out of the car. So I am good to go. I like the idea of starting my new odometer at zero after the restoration.

Sounds good dude. It also sounds like you have done your homework and have a good plan. My car is one of those double "R" cars so I am keeping things as original as possible. Have fun and keep us updated with pics as you. Bruce

Hi - I really dont know....lol. I think its dark. I just dug it out today because another member asked me for pics, so I plan on cleaning it up tomorrow and taking pics of it. It just has dust on it from the PO doing body work in his garage - will clean up nice I think! I did do a quick inspection and I think this thing is extremely nice. No cut wires, no broken corners, no tabs broken anywhere - should be a nice unit for somebody.

I also have a factory under dash tach wiring harness - but again I need to clean it up and inspect it to see what I have. I want to inspect it and also find out if it is also an a/c harness or not before I put a price on it.

Pics coming tomorrow along with a part number - maybe the p/n tells if its light or dark??

Edited by jwscarab

Pictures!!!! oh yea - now I think its DARK. Maybe you can tell bu the pics???

I also "gently" took it apart to clean it up, then reassembled, as it was very dusty. I took a few pics of the guages while apart. Thanks - Joe

IMG_2449.jpg

IMG_2451.jpg

IMG_2445.jpg

IMG_2444.jpg

IMG_2443.jpg

IMG_2440.jpg

IMG_2437.jpg

IMG_2436.jpg

Edited by jwscarab

Pictures!!!! oh yea - now I think its DARK. Maybe you can tell bu the pics???

I also "gently" took it apart to clean it up, then reassembled, as it was very dusty. I took a few pics of the guages while apart. Thanks - Joe

IMG_2449.jpg

IMG_2451.jpg

IMG_2445.jpg

IMG_2444.jpg

IMG_2443.jpg

IMG_2440.jpg

IMG_2437.jpg

IMG_2436.jpg

Edited by jwscarab

Hi all,

I also have an OEM under dash tach/ac harness for the 69 mustang. I still have the deluxe tach cluster too. I believe I have the under hood tach harness too. All are OEM and in great shape!

tach woodgrain cluster dash - $800

under dash tach/ac harness - $600

under hood tach harness - not sure yet.....