Sign in to follow this  
Dro69

Oil pan?

Hi DRO69

you have to remove the Crossmember ( under the oil pan ) 2 screws ; the startermotor, the centerlink..and the oil pan bolts ...off course,,, no big deal

30 minutes..and you are done !

Greetings from Germany

Juergen

Hi DRO69

you have to remove the Crossmember ( under the oil pan ) 2 screws ; the startermotor, the centerlink..and the oil pan bolts ...off course,,, no big deal

30 minutes..and you are done !

Greetings from Germany

Juergen

whats the centerlink. the subframe is that metal bar held up by to screws right?

jack up the front end and lay underneath. you'll see what needs to be moved, dropped, etc. your steering components, the cross member, starter, etc.. all drop out with a few bolts..nice and easy. plus you get a great look at the bottom end of your motor while it's out.

use some penetrating lube to loosen anything that doesn't look like it's been moved recently. give it a few shots for a day or two.

i did mine in an unheated single car garage with no lift in about 45 minutes start to finish.

all I did to remove the oil pan in my car was to drop the crossmember and unbolt the idler arm from it's mount and move it out of the way. I did not have to remove the starter or do anything else. My car has the 351w and I believe it's a little bigger than the 302. he should have no problem.

all I did to remove the oil pan in my car was to drop the crossmember and unbolt the idler arm from it's mount and move it out of the way. I did not have to remove the starter or do anything else. My car has the 351w and I believe it's a little bigger than the 302. he should have no problem.

doesnt sound to hard

Yup, I would say crossmember and idler arm. That's all I removed for my 428 with headers.

so what/where is the idler arm?:confused1:

doesnt sound to hard

so what/where is the idler arm?:confused1:

Idler arm is the steering component mounted to the frame on the passenger side. Remove the 2 bolts and it will allow you to drop down the steering linkage just enough to get the pan to clear.