Sign in to follow this  
timsmach1

side scoop replacement

even if water does go in, there are drain holes located directly below the vents if memory serves :P

And if you leave the vents on the car and paint it they will seal off :P

OR you can put seam sealer on the inside of the scoops to stop water

Mike

The factory did use this awesome goopy stuff around the studs though. 40+ years later I am still amazed how great it still is when I pull it out. I would like to know what that is!

That's real La Brea tar pit tar. Lasts for millennia...

Its probably that ropey stuff that is used around the AC hoses under the hood, eastwood sells it but im sure its not the same formula as the old stuff now that everyone has gone green, nothing lasts like it once did....Hell you cant even pay 100 bucks for a REAL 5 Gallon bucket of Chemdip for your carburetors anymore, the new stuff is about half the strength of the old, my last bucket of carb cleaner was 20 years old and would strip a carb of the finish and anything else you left in it in 2 hours, the stuff i just got takes 2 days and it dont remove the finish, and only half of the gunk inside :-/ and its the same stuff made by the same company as my old stuff.

Sorry got on my soap box.

Mike

I used some of the rope rubber sealant stuff that you can use to seal your windshield in or for sealilng the gas tank. Its found in the back of Mustangs unlimited catalog I think. just a non drying type of putty caulk and it worked great. I used it on the scoops, bumpter bolts for the rear end, and in the holes that mount the rear window trim on my coupe. Seems to be working great.