Sign in to follow this  
zach69grande

i've got some funds... recommendations?

Hey gang! I sold my Jeep CJ. I have 5K to play with for the Mustang. Now all you pros give me some advice to spend it!

I really want an elimiantor hood - should i get the special hinges for the glass hood? My CJ had a fiberglass tub and regular doors, hood etc.. what are the mustang hoods like?

I'm going to get all new weather stripping, I want a good all around suspension kit for sure, and I need to redo the interior, add a stereo... The engine and trans are in great shape for now.. so i'm thinking

get the exterior done, then suspension/steering/brakes/ then interior

and after another year or so i'll do the engine up all purdy like

any thoughts from the guys and gals that have been down this road? I know i could spend well over 5K on any one of those groups.. but what suspension kits does everyone like?

I'd like to just see what everyone else would do with the $$

i'll be posting some wanted ads for misc parts soon so keep your eyes peeled there if you've got some good stuff to get rid of. or send me some PM if you see something in what i've outlined

Mustang aside - i'm pretty torn up over selling the CJ. I've had it for seven years, rebuilt nearly everything... I decided it was just a money pit after i Just Emptied Every Pocket time and time again.. but man it was so pretty..

Tell us what the Mustang has in it's current state .. then we can all start throwing ideas at ya .. everyone has their own opinions. If your changing suspension it seems like you're going restomod. I think most folks agree safety first .. so brakes & suspension..

right now it's a stock 69 grande coupe 302 4bbl edelbrock performer manifold, flowmaster exhaust kit

the interior is wrecked... but i'm going to hold that off till last

suspension - i'm thinking of one of the full kits - i dont mind the way it handles for the driving i do with it - but the rotten bushings and worn out parts need replaced

front disc rear drum power brakes

power steering

exterior parts are in good shape minus some missing chrome and some bubbling on the doors