Sign in to follow this  
82stangracer

Early Fox Owners

Do any of you 69stangers out there own an 82 Mustang GT or any other early foxes(79-86)? I've had my 82 for 11yrs. Got it when I was young and have done a lot of stupid stuff in it(FUN STUFF :whistling:), but its holding up purty good. Just wondering if anybody shared the passion.

Do any of you 69stangers out there own an 82 Mustang GT or any other early foxes(79-86)? I've had my 82 for 11yrs. Got it when I was young and have done a lot of stupid stuff in it(FUN STUFF :whistling:), but its holding up purty good. Just wondering if anybody shared the passion.

I have a 1980. I'm amidst a rear dif rebuild now. Here's an older picture... it looks basically the same but it is in need of paint again as the old acrylic enamel has faded.

sorry. hadn't been on in a little. wife and i went to florida for 4yr anniversary. i love the car. looks GREAT. that cowl hood looks like it fits good. i had been thinking of getting one. who did you get yours from?

sorry. hadn't been on in a little. wife and i went to florida for 4yr anniversary. i love the car. looks GREAT. that cowl hood looks like it fits good. i had been thinking of getting one. who did you get yours from?

Thanks. Boy u had to ask huh? It was in like 1994. They were out of Long Island that much I remember. Sucked because I had to pay tax. I'm sure I have a receipt in my shoe box somewhere, lol. They weren't the cheapest but they werent the most expensive. I did a LOT of work to the inside of it to finish it though, then textured it with chip guard before painting. It came out awesome though. It fits nice but I use hydraulic lift cylinders to rid of the stupid prop rod and those tend to push the slack out of the crap hinges raising the back of the hood when shut. It's built for go not show so I didnt care. I bought that car for $150 in 1990 with a 2.3L with a bad OH cam. It was one of those flip projects gone wrong and I sunk to much money in it and it was a blast to drive so I just kept it. It's on the second 302, a rebuilt C4 and I just rebuilt the 2nd rearend.