Sign in to follow this  
NK69

Wanted: 64-71 Mustang w/o powertrain

Hey everyone, I'm looking for a '64 1/2- '71 Mustang with NO POWERTRAIN.

It needs to have a good looking body and interior. I'm looking for any model. (Coupe/Fastback/Convertible/ ect.)

I currently have a '69 that needs some body work and I think in the long run I might as well put the current powertrain into a new body.

If you have one or know anyone who does LET ME KNOW!! But come with reasonable prices because I'm not asking for a restored car.

A buddy of mine has a 67 fastback for sale. Almost all the metal work has already been done on the car and it's painted in black primer. I think the only thing that needs to be replaced as far as metal goes is the lower rear quarters. Other than that seems to be a solid car. He's asking $10,500. If you are interested let me know.

A buddy of mine has a 67 fastback for sale. Almost all the metal work has already been done on the car and it's painted in black primer. I think the only thing that needs to be replaced as far as metal goes is the lower rear quarters. Other than that seems to be a solid car. He's asking $10,500. If you are interested let me know.

Thats a little too much for me...the 69 coupe i have needs the rear quarter replaced and thats what's making me look for a decent body.

Does the entire quarter need to be replaced or just the lower section? If it's just the lower section, that's a fairly simple job and it would be more beneficial financially to just fix what you have. To find a solid rust free body is going to run you about $10k or more.

Does the entire quarter need to be replaced or just the lower section? If it's just the lower section, that's a fairly simple job and it would be more beneficial financially to just fix what you have. To find a solid rust free body is going to run you about $10k or more.

That much? Its the whole quarter and the car isnt even painted so if I can find a nice body/interior with paint then I think its going to cost me less in the long run.

Plus, I'd rather have a fastback/convertible more than a coupe.

That much? Its the whole quarter and the car isnt even painted so if I can find a nice body/interior with paint then I think its going to cost me less in the long run.

Plus, I'd rather have a fastback/convertible more than a coupe.

I can tell you that you aren't going to find a fastback with a rust free body ready for paint with an interior in good shape for cheap. Just browse ebay and you'll see that rust bucket fastbacks are selling for a few grand and one that has all the metal work already done are much much more. A half decent body is going to run you $7k-$10k without a salvageable interior. It's pretty much the same story for convertibles. I think your epxectations aren't realistic. If the only issues you have are the rear quarters, you are much better off replacing them than sinking your money into another car. Good luck.

I went to a few body shops and they told me that i'm better off finding a new body rather than doing work on my current car. It doesnt have to be a fastback or convertible but they said a few grand on the quarter panel alone then there's problems with other parts of the body as well.

I'm not looking for something thats perfect i'm just looking for decent.