Sign in to follow this  
Dro69

My 69 mustang coupe

Well ive been apart of this forum for awhile but i never really posted here much and i dont remember ever posting in the "project forum". So heres the background info of me and my car. Im 17 yrs old soon to be 18. i had a civic but it was stolen. long story short. my pops gave me his 69 mustang to fix up with the check i got from the insurance. My dads owned the car since 2004 it had no rust at all, no bondo at all, it mostly need cosmetic stuff but he lost intrest in it awhile ago(midlife crisis ended?). First things he did was get the seats reupholstered, added new carpet/insulation and minor stuff like that.Outside he didnt do too much car had no front bumper so he added that and a chin spoiler. he also got new rims and tires. So here some recent pics of it.

dsc00188nr.jpg

dsc00182gn.jpg

dsc00183c.jpg

dsc00184fc.jpg

dsc00189l.jpg

Edited by Dro69

Well your Dad sound's like a really nice guy. From what you have stated, the car appears to be in really good condition. As the previous poster asked, what are your plans for it. What that means is, is this going to be a long term ownership, or is it just a car that will take you places until it ends up costing you money. You are a young guy who has been put into a unique position that anyone of us older guys would have loved to have been put in at your age. It's like the phrase, "if I knew then what I know now, how life would be different"... You may want to think about a short term and long term plan, for example drive the car for a year or two and enjoy ownership. If you decide that the car is a keeper, do a full assessment of it, from structural to mechanical and make a list of what may need to be rebuilt. My point being, that how you treat you ride now, will affect how it lasts as you get older. That doesn't mean that you need to immediately fix anything, but you will know in the back of your mind where the car is difficient and you ay be able to repair it before it become a huge expensive project. I know you mentioned that your father has lost interest in the car, but there is probably something inside of him that would like the both of you to experience this journey together. Remember, he is the one who initially bought the car, so there will always be a spark of interest there, and it maybe interesting to see what his vision of the car was going to be...I know that this sounds preachy, but the steps you are taking at your age are ones that you will remember for a life time, so enjoy them....

Bill from Canada Eh....

Looks like a great car! Have any plans for it or just drive the hell out of it =P

it needs a little bit of body work, i guess the car was rear ended once in its life time because if you look at the rear bumper and taillight panel its dented and theres little dings on the doors.But at the moment it doesnt bother me much so thats something ill do in the future. At this moment im more concerned about replacing my front windsheild since i got cracks and im guessing it was leaking cause previous owner but Clear Silicone(what the hell was he thinking) around it and i also need to replace the rear windows weatherstripping. Also i need to add a heater since previous owner ripped out the ac/heater and all the air ducts.And i need to replace every weatherstripping since im going to daily the car.Yup i got my hands filled with this car.

Well your Dad sound's like a really nice guy. From what you have stated, the car appears to be in really good condition. As the previous poster asked, what are your plans for it. What that means is, is this going to be a long term ownership, or is it just a car that will take you places until it ends up costing you money. You are a young guy who has been put into a unique position that anyone of us older guys would have loved to have been put in at your age. It's like the phrase, "if I knew then what I know now, how life would be different"... You may want to think about a short term and long term plan, for example drive the car for a year or two and enjoy ownership. If you decide that the car is a keeper, do a full assessment of it, from structural to mechanical and make a list of what may need to be rebuilt. My point being, that how you treat you ride now, will affect how it lasts as you get older. That doesn't mean that you need to immediately fix anything, but you will know in the back of your mind where the car is difficient and you ay be able to repair it before it become a huge expensive project. I know you mentioned that your father has lost interest in the car, but there is probably something inside of him that would like the both of you to experience this journey together. Remember, he is the one who initially bought the car, so there will always be a spark of interest there, and it maybe interesting to see what his vision of the car was going to be...I know that this sounds preachy, but the steps you are taking at your age are ones that you will remember for a life time, so enjoy them....

Bill from Canada Eh....

Well i feel im very lucky to have a classic car at my age not everyone has this chance. I dont think ill ever sell this car while im alive, This car is the reason i like wrenching on cars i learned everything i know(which isnt much but enough to get by). I believe my dad's just waiting for an opportunity to buy him self a 67 camaro to build since his first car was a 67 camaro rs that he drove around in the early 80's. But i believe he wants to see the final product of this 69 mustang. Thx bill for the comment.

Well i recieved some goodies i ordered from Cjpony. And i wanted too share what im going to do this weekend.

imag0094u.jpg

list of parts: Trunk weatherstrip, door weatherstrip, hood to cowl weatherstrip, front markerlights, Headliner, roofrail guides, quater post seals, console pad, rear window weatherstrip, quater window weatherstrips, front door seals. Feels like Christmas lol.

Well i recieved some goodies i ordered from Cjpony. And i wanted too share what im going to do this weekend.

imag0094u.jpg

list of parts: Trunk weatherstrip, door weatherstrip, hood to cowl weatherstrip, front markerlights, Headliner, roofrail guides, quater post seals, console pad, rear window weatherstrip, quater window weatherstrips, front door seals. Feels like Christmas lol.

wow your car is identical to mine,except yours in better shape! is there any way you can find out exterior paint code or name? also where did you order those inner door panels from? sorry for bombarding you with all the questions, its just i am in vancouver,canada and its really hard to find parts locally.thanks

Hey BC Stang:

Just contact the mustang shop in Calgary and they will get the panels for you. Might even have them in stock. I buy my parts from them and have them shipped to me two provinces over....they are great to deal with...fast and the prices are quite reasonable.

Regards...John

Hey BC Stang:

Just contact the mustang shop in Calgary and they will get the panels for you. Might even have them in stock. I buy my parts from them and have them shipped to me two provinces over....they are great to deal with...fast and the prices are quite reasonable.

Regards...John

thanks man for the info.i been hearing good things about them lately.i am gonna try to find their website. i also need to order front fenders ,full interior but in different color though.we use to have local mustang store 15mins from my house but it shut down couple of years ago.

wow your car is identical to mine,except yours in better shape! is there any way you can find out exterior paint code or name? also where did you order those inner door panels from? sorry for bombarding you with all the questions, its just i am in vancouver,canada and its really hard to find parts locally.thanks

The door panels were ordered from an ebay seller called Mustang Market they were $325 shipped. And For the paint code i dont know it it was painted way before i even had the car.

They are a pretty thick cardboard type substance. not sure is a razor knife can get through it, but I would try that first.

Im going to see what i can use to cut it with out hacking them into a disater.