Sign in to follow this  
Max Power

Intake manifold fittings.

OK, 351w application. I have a fitting that screws into the back half of the intake that is the vacuum source for the tranny modulator and the PCV. It's getting old and ugly. Does anybody reproduce this stuff or has anyone here created their own?

If you're talking about the steel fitting that screws into the intake manifold, have it sandblasted. That's what I'd do. If you want a new one, NPD sells them. It's part number 9A474-5. It's on page 57 of their catalog and sells for $41.50.

It's a dual outlet. The one in NPD is similar in function although it looks different in style.

I found that on page 113 as well. I guess I was just looking for something better looking. At $40 for a simple fitting, I may have to suffer....LOL!

I took mine to the local parts store and rummaged through their various nipples until I found one similar. I think it cost $5 at NAPA. Important thing was to find the correct threads to match the intake port. Might want to add some copper anti-seize on the thread to prevent seizing since the metals will be dis-similiar.

FWIW: I'm going to swap out my brake booster soon for the Hydraboost brake system. That along with a PVC breather will allow me to do away with vacuum ports all together.

I took mine to the local parts store and rummaged through their various nipples until I found one similar. I think it cost $5 at NAPA. Important thing was to find the correct threads to match the intake port. Might want to add some copper anti-seize on the thread to prevent seizing since the metals will be dis-similiar.

FWIW: I'm going to swap out my brake booster soon for the Hydraboost brake system. That along with a PVC breather will allow me to do away with vacuum ports all together.

I think I might do the same at the local NAPA.

FYI... after researching I see that the fitting is 3/8" NPT, the same as many Chevy fittings from the day. I can get Chevy equivalents to the Ford stuff for half price from places like Ecklers and Zip. If NAPA doesn't have what I want, I am gonna have a Chevy part on my Chevy killer....LOL!