Sign in to follow this  
69stang

Good Restoration Shops in NJ

Looking to have the gears changed in my 8" rear. Right now I have a T-5 with .63 OD and 2.79 rear.

The car is a daily driver/cruiser, so I don't want to go too crazy, but I definitely want more low-end. I believe the change will actually improve gas mileage because driving @ 60 mph or so is REALLY on the low end of the rpm range.

For reference: I have a 302 with AFR 165's, Offenhauser dual port intake(not dual plane), and a Spreadbore carb

Does anyone know any shops that have experience and perform quality work in the NJ area. (preferably central NJ)

They are getting harder to find. Many of the shops are becoming 'restoration shops' and you end up dropping a lot of cash - even for basic mechanical work...

I did use a shop in Boonton called Nostalgia Motors (not in central Jersey unfortunately), they are pretty good & will do simple repairs if you ask them to, but it will be pricey.

That's a possibility as well. I do enjoy doing builds myself but had heard that changing a rear is a major pain.

Has anyone ever used CJ Pony Part's garage? I know it's not Central NJ, but I've bought parts from them before, so I kinda have some trust.

Telephone:

Ordering - 1 888 485 5008

Information - 1 609 859 3670

FAX: 1 425 799 2710

E-Mail: Sales@autobodystore.com

Address:

Autobodystore

PO Box 2414

Southampton NJ, 08088

Telephone:

Ordering - 1 888 485 5008

Information - 1 609 859 3670