Sign in to follow this  
Big Secz

Car is in the shop

Just dropped the Mustang off at a local shop that comes hight recommended. Some of you may know from a previous thread a month ago that I've been having issues:

• Bad vibration at idle
  • Tapping noise from the motor
  • Blowing smoke/running rich

I just recent order a new cam kit from CompCams. I was going to have another person work on it for me but that fell through. So I was tired of messing around and decided to bite the bullet and take it to a shop.

I spoke with one of the guys there and he thinks I have a wiped lobe on my cam. Hopefully there's no metal in the motor otherwise it's going to require a tear down to clean it. Fingers crossed everything works out ok.

I wont use another Comp Cam, I put one in my Pontiac, and in my friends 393 Ford and both have the same vibration at the exact same RPM, and they are the same Grind.

I then bought a Used comp cam from a friend, the cam was in a motor running 11's and seemed fine. When I got the cam home I checked all the lobes only because one looked Visually smaller than the rest, and it was off a good bit which equals either wiped lobe or misground cam.

I am not saying Comp is a Bad cam but im scared of them.....If I do use a Comp Cam it will be a Hyd Roller that requires no break in and I will check it before I put it in.

Good luck sounds like you did the right thing by taking it to a shop

Mike